BANGOR, Maine (AP) — Police in Maine say daycare workers suspect a parent brought them cookies tainted with marijuana.
Bangor Sgt. Brent Beaulieu said no children ate the cookies that were dropped off at the Watch Me Shine daycare. But some of the staff reported “a feeling of marijuana intoxication.”
The daycare was closed Wednesday while police investigated.
The cookies are being tested.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
The Bangor Daily News reports that the Maine law that legalized marijuana for recreational use has a stipulation that marijuana cannot be consumed inside of buildings used as a daycare during their hours of operation.