BANGOR, Maine (AP) — Police in Maine say daycare workers suspect a parent brought them cookies tainted with marijuana.
Bangor Sgt. Brent Beaulieu said no children ate the cookies that were dropped off at the Watch Me Shine daycare. But some of the staff reported “a feeling of marijuana intoxication.”
The daycare was closed Wednesday while police investigated.
The cookies are being tested.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
The Bangor Daily News reports that the Maine law that legalized marijuana for recreational use has a stipulation that marijuana cannot be consumed inside of buildings used as a daycare during their hours of operation.