MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) — Ball State University is receiving a nearly $50,000 federal grant to develop a virtual museum for engaging Indiana’s legacy in civil rights.
The U.S. Department of the Interior and the National Park Service announced Monday that the university is receiving an African American Civil Rights Grant for the project.
U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says the grants will benefit places and projects that help tell the story of “the African American struggle for civil rights and equality.”
The Ball State grant is one of 51 totaling $12.6 million for projects in 24 states.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Warming in Arctic raises fears of 'rapid unraveling’ of the region
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH