BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — San Joaquin Valley authorities are on the lookout for a man who used a bomb threat to rob a Bakersfield bank.
The Bakersfield Californian reports the man entered a Citibank branch on Wednesday and approached a teller with a note that demanded money and told her he would detonate an explosive device if she didn’t comply.
Police say the teller handed over money and the robber fled. An explosive device was not seen.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
Information from: The Bakersfield Californian, http://www.bakersfield.com