HOLLY HILL, Fla. (AP) — A woman has been scorned by her neighbors in a high-rise Florida condo because of a holiday message she spelled out in lights across her balcony.
Kathy Hill says the Ebenezer Scrooge phrase ‘Bah Humbug” is one of her favorites at Christmas.
But other residents of the twin towers of Marina Grande in Holly Hill weren’t amused.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports that Laurie Borasky-Gigliotti, who owns the unit Hill is renting, told her to take down the display because other residents were coming unglued. She says balcony lights are against the rules, “let alone Bah Humbug.” She warned Hill, a California woman who recently moved to Florida, to prepare for “major, massive retaliation.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A hunt for clues in Hawaii after a tourist couple falls ill with coronavirus
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- Pizza sends record number of people to the ER
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Doctor’s suicide note has Chicago-area parents asking: Was my child really vaccinated?
Hill turned off the lights, and says she didn’t mean to offend anyone.