SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah zoo is showing off a baby zebra.
The female zebra named Clementine was introduced to the public on Tuesday at the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. Zoo officials say she was born last week to her mother, Zoe, who also gave birth to another baby named Poppy last year.
Hogle Zoo officials say Clementine was 85 pounds at birth. She is working on her kicks and nursing regularly as her mother protects her.
Zookeeper Melissa Farr says Clementine is fearless and loves to explore.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- COVID's still out there. Here's what to do if you get it now.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Trump warns of 'potential death & destruction' if he is charged in hush-money case
She is the first Hartmann’s mountain zebra born at the zoo.