DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A baby sitter in Florida is accused of breaking a 3-year-old’s arm and beating him with a spatula because he wet his pants.
News outlets report 21-year-old Haillee Howell was arrested Friday and charged with aggravated child abuse.
An arrest report says Howell was watching the boy and his brothers, ages 7 and 8. They were dropped off at Howell’s home in Daytona Beach around noon Thursday. When the mother returned to pick them up, Howell told her the child had “wet his pants.”
The mother says the child started crying in the car, saying his arm hurt.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
She took him to the hospital and police say X-rays showed two bones broken in his wrist.
Police say Howell denied abusing the boy. A lawyer wasn’t listed on jail records.