LAUDERHILL, Fla. (AP) — Police in South Florida say an 11-month-old baby died after being left inside a sport utility vehicle parked outside their apartment near Fort Lauderdale.
Lauderhill police spokesman Gregory Solowsky says the baby’s parents and four other children were unloading groceries on Wednesday afternoon and forgot to get the baby out of the vehicle. He says about an hour later, they realized the baby wasn’t in the house. They returned to the Ford Explorer and found the baby inside.
They called 911 and began CPR. But the child was unresponsive.
Solowsky says paramedics continued to administer CPR on the way to the hospital, but the child was declared dead Wednesday evening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Motorcycle stunt rider Alex Harvill dies while trying to break world record in Moses Lake
- US-Canada border restrictions extended until July 21
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Severe heat and drought are the hallmarks of a changing West
- Supreme Court’s newest justices produce some unexpected results
He says the parents are being cooperative with the investigation and that the entire family is extremely distraught.