MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Attorneys for a Wisconsin man convicted of homicide in a case featured on the Netflix series “Making A Murderer” are asking a circuit court to reconsider a prior ruling rejecting a request for a new trial.
The motion for reconsideration filed on behalf of Steven Avery in Manitowoc County Monday says the latest request is based on new evidence and legal errors.
A judge earlier this month rejected Avery’s request for a new trial, saying his attorneys failed to establish any grounds to warrant a new trial. Avery was sentenced to life in prison for the 2005 slaying of Teresa Halbach, a 25-year-old photographer. Avery maintains police framed him.
Some evidence cited in the latest motion includes claims that witnesses gave false testimony at the original trial.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events