FAIRFIELD, Maine (AP) — The autopsy of a Maine woman found dead behind her in-laws’ home shows she was buried along with a bag of potato chips, a bottle of perfume and a note that took “an apologetic tone.”
The Morning Sentinel reports (http://bit.ly/2eif3kY ) the body of 34-year-old Valerie Tieman was found partially buried in a shallow grave behind her in-laws’ Fairfield home on Sept. 20.
Police say Tieman was shot in the head and neck by her husband, who then dumped her body not far from the home that the couple shared with his parents. Her husband, Luc, is charged with murder.
A toxicology report found that Valerie Tieman had several synthetic opioids in her system.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
Luc Tieman’s attorney says he expects the public “will not exercise a rush to judgment.”
Information from: Morning Sentinel, http://www.onlinesentinel.com/