TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — An autopsy shows a woman arrested at an Ohio casino and later found unresponsive in jail died from complications of hanging.
The coroner’s office in Toledo released the findings Tuesday in the death of 43-year-old Lisa McCray of Hilliard near Columbus.
Police say McCray was highly intoxicated at Hollywood Casino Toledo on Thursday where she arrested on a disorderly conduct charge.
A sheriff’s official says McCray was at the jail less than four hours and had been checked on 30 minutes before she was found unresponsive in a holding cell early Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
The sheriff’s department says her injury was self-inflicted and that she died the next day.
Sheriff John Tharp says the jail’s officers had been properly monitoring McCray and had followed the right procedures.