BEND, Ore. (AP) — Autopsy results indicate that a filmmaker who was punched while hiking with his dog outside Bend died of natural causes and not from the assault.
The Bulletin reports 69-year-old Clemens Schenk died in late July, leading authorities to investigate if the death was connected to the assault in mid-May.
Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel says the state medical examiner’s office determined Schenk’s death was from a burst aneurysm in his brain and not related to the assault.
Schenk was hit in the head by a man while walking his dog off-leash. He died two month later after his health quickly declined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of world's plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Republicans will never stop': Obama rips GOP after Affordable Care Act is ruled unconstitutional
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com