BEND, Ore. (AP) — Autopsy results indicate that a filmmaker who was punched while hiking with his dog outside Bend died of natural causes and not from the assault.
The Bulletin reports 69-year-old Clemens Schenk died in late July, leading authorities to investigate if the death was connected to the assault in mid-May.
Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel says the state medical examiner’s office determined Schenk’s death was from a burst aneurysm in his brain and not related to the assault.
Schenk was hit in the head by a man while walking his dog off-leash. He died two month later after his health quickly declined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com