BEND, Ore. (AP) — Autopsy results indicate that a filmmaker who was punched while hiking with his dog outside Bend died of natural causes and not from the assault.
The Bulletin reports 69-year-old Clemens Schenk died in late July, leading authorities to investigate if the death was connected to the assault in mid-May.
Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel says the state medical examiner’s office determined Schenk’s death was from a burst aneurysm in his brain and not related to the assault.
Schenk was hit in the head by a man while walking his dog off-leash. He died two month later after his health quickly declined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com