BEND, Ore. (AP) — Autopsy results indicate that a filmmaker who was punched while hiking with his dog outside Bend died of natural causes and not from the assault.
The Bulletin reports 69-year-old Clemens Schenk died in late July, leading authorities to investigate if the death was connected to the assault in mid-May.
Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel says the state medical examiner’s office determined Schenk’s death was from a burst aneurysm in his brain and not related to the assault.
Schenk was hit in the head by a man while walking his dog off-leash. He died two month later after his health quickly declined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Several powerful earthquakes strike off the shore of Canada
- Police say former boyfriend fatally shot Utah athlete from Pullman before killing himself
- Records: Suspect in Utah university killing was sex offender WATCH
- Leaked video shows Khashoggi 'body double' after killing VIEW
- The trade war’s latest casualties: China’s coddled cats and dogs
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com