STAATSBURG, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities in New York say the body of a man found in the Hudson River after a kayaking accident is that of the boyfriend of Annie Lennox’s daughter.
Dutchess County Sheriff’s Capt. John Watterson says an autopsy conducted Tuesday confirmed the body is that of 32-year-old Ian Jones.
Watterson says Jones and 22-year-old Tali Fruchtmann started kayaking early Saturday when the kayak overturned near the historic Mills Mansion in Staatsburg, 75 miles north of New York City.
Neither paddler was wearing a life jacket. Fruchtmann was rescued by boaters.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Will the Vaccines Stop Omicron? Scientists Are Racing to Find Out.
- Doctor who saw omicron early says symptoms different from delta
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- Rep. Ronny Jackson says COVID variant is Democratic hoax to justify new ballot rules
- International travelers stranded, angry in omicron's wake: 'The first thing I did was cry'
Fruchtmann’s mother is Annie Lennox, a Scottish singer who first gained success with Dave Stewart as the Eurythmics in the 1980s.
Jones’ body was found Monday afternoon near the Poughkeepsie Yacht Club.
Watterson says Jones’ death is considered an accidental drowning.