STAATSBURG, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities in New York say the body of a man found in the Hudson River after a kayaking accident is that of the boyfriend of Annie Lennox’s daughter.
Dutchess County Sheriff’s Capt. John Watterson says an autopsy conducted Tuesday confirmed the body is that of 32-year-old Ian Jones.
Watterson says Jones and 22-year-old Tali Fruchtmann started kayaking early Saturday when the kayak overturned near the historic Mills Mansion in Staatsburg, 75 miles north of New York City.
Neither paddler was wearing a life jacket. Fruchtmann was rescued by boaters.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hunting leaks, Trump officials subpoenaed Apple for data of 2 Democrats in Congress
- How many oceans does Earth have? National Geographic now says 5.
- A man dumped 80,000 pennies on the lawn for his last child-support payment; his daughter paid it forward
- Oregon House expels GOP lawmaker who let far-right rioters into state Capitol: 'He has shown no remorse'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Fruchtmann’s mother is Annie Lennox, a Scottish singer who first gained success with Dave Stewart as the Eurythmics in the 1980s.
Jones’ body was found Monday afternoon near the Poughkeepsie Yacht Club.
Watterson says Jones’ death is considered an accidental drowning.