QUARTZSITE, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a fatal wreck reportedly caused by a wrong-way driver has closed a 14-mile section of westbound Interstate 10 in western Arizona.
Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Raul Garcia says the wreck that occurred Saturday about 10 miles (16 kilometers) east of Quartzsite resulted in “several fatalities.”
No additional information is immediately available on circumstances of the wreck.
The Arizona Department of Transportation says a detour will re-route westbound traffic off I-10 onto Vicksburg Road and U.S. 60 before returning to I-10.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- 75-year-old hiker found on mountain as search continues for missing actor
- Want to break up with your gas fireplace? Here's how to convert it
- Earth’s inner core paused, then reversed its spin. This is fine
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends
ADOT says the detour is expected to remain in place through Saturday afternoon and that drivers should allow for extra travel time.
Eastbound traffic is unaffected.