PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Authorities say a man shot in the face while driving in Philadelphia crashed his SUV and then jumped into a police cruiser to seek help.
The shooting occurred around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say the 30-year-old man kept driving after he was wounded. But his erratic driving was spotted by an officer who started to follow him.
The man soon crashed near a hospital and got out of the SUV. He then got in the cruiser and the officer brought him to the hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘Victoria’s Secret Karen’ video: Lawsuits show what viewers didn’t see
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Nebraska mother sentenced to 2 years in prison for giving abortion pills to pregnant daughter
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- Cassidy Hutchinson reappears. She has more Trump stories to tell
A motive for the shooting remains under investigation.