ROXBURY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a New Jersey woman tried to poison her grandmother with liquid anti-freeze.
Morris County prosecutors say Elise Conroy was arrested Saturday on an attempted murder charge. A possible motive has not be disclosed.
Authorities say the 26-year-old Roxbury Township lives with her 84-year-old grandmother.
Conroy allegedly bought the anti-freeze in July with the purpose of poisoning the older woman. Prosecutors say Conroy eventually poured it into some juice and gave the juice to her grandmother.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- Bail set at $1M for uncle suspected of killing Lynnwood 6-year-old
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
Authorities have not said whether Conroy’s grandmother was harmed by the alleged poisoning attempt.
Conroy was being held pending a detention hearing, which has not yet been scheduled. It wasn’t known Saturday if she has retained an attorney.