ROXBURY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a New Jersey woman tried to poison her grandmother with liquid anti-freeze.
Morris County prosecutors say Elise Conroy was arrested Saturday on an attempted murder charge. A possible motive has not be disclosed.
Authorities say the 26-year-old Roxbury Township lives with her 84-year-old grandmother.
Conroy allegedly bought the anti-freeze in July with the purpose of poisoning the older woman. Prosecutors say Conroy eventually poured it into some juice and gave the juice to her grandmother.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
Authorities have not said whether Conroy’s grandmother was harmed by the alleged poisoning attempt.
Conroy was being held pending a detention hearing, which has not yet been scheduled. It wasn’t known Saturday if she has retained an attorney.