BANGOR TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say the bodies of a woman and two children have been found inside a vehicle in Michigan.
Bay County Sheriff Troy Cunningham tells The Bay City Times that the vehicle found Tuesday morning was parked in Bangor Township, about 90 miles (145 kilometers) northwest of Detroit, and didn’t appear to have been involved in any type of crash.
Cunningham didn’t immediately release additional information about the circumstances of the deaths, saying it’s “still an active crime scene.”
Cunningham says the sheriff’s department and the Michigan State Police Crime Lab were at the scene investigating the deaths.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Information from: The Bay City Times, http://www.mlive.com/bay-city