MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — Though running out of places to look, rescuers have not abandoned hope of finding an Oregon man who went missing during a fishing trip.
The Mail Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/2xzbJ0V ) 65-year-old Douglas Vail of Central Point has been missing Sept. 9, when he traveled to Union Creek. A Jackson County sheriff’s deputy found Vail’s gray Toyota Camry parked near Beckie’s Cafe the following morning.
Sheriff Nathan Sickler says the initial search area had a radius of about a half mile around where Vail’s car was found, with additional searches along parts of Union Creek. Recent bad weather temporarily halted air searches, though they will resume when the weather clears.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/