PUEBLO, Colo. (AP) — Authorities say they’ve seized 60 pounds of heroin, 2.5 pounds of methamphetamine, 50 grams of cocaine, 35 firearms and $540,000 following an investigation into Pueblo street gangs.
The Pueblo Chieftain reported Thursday that seizure was one of the largest busts in Southern Colorado history. The investigation began in December.
Five grand jury indictments were obtained by the Colorado U.S. Attorney’s Office following the seizure, which occurred at two Pueblo residences and a Pueblo business.
Authorities say five suspects are in federal custody.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Marc McCulloch, a supervisory special agent with the FBI Denver Division, says the heroin was not being manufactured in Pueblo, but was brought in from somewhere else.
He said the heroin was being distributed on the streets of Pueblo.
Information from: The Pueblo Chieftain, http://www.chieftain.com