PUEBLO, Colo. (AP) — Authorities say they’ve seized 60 pounds of heroin, 2.5 pounds of methamphetamine, 50 grams of cocaine, 35 firearms and $540,000 following an investigation into Pueblo street gangs.
The Pueblo Chieftain reported Thursday that seizure was one of the largest busts in Southern Colorado history. The investigation began in December.
Five grand jury indictments were obtained by the Colorado U.S. Attorney’s Office following the seizure, which occurred at two Pueblo residences and a Pueblo business.
Authorities say five suspects are in federal custody.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Melania Trump dons 'I really don't care, do u?' jacket
- Trump to propose reorganizing the government, targeting safety net programs
- Iran lists demands for improving relations with US
- Koko, beloved gorilla who learned to use sign language, has died
- White House proposes federal government overhaul
Marc McCulloch, a supervisory special agent with the FBI Denver Division, says the heroin was not being manufactured in Pueblo, but was brought in from somewhere else.
He said the heroin was being distributed on the streets of Pueblo.
Information from: The Pueblo Chieftain, http://www.chieftain.com