NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities have seized $30 million worth of heroin in a drug bust in the Bronx and Yonkers.
Investigators on Monday said they also arrested two men in connection with the drug bust on Saturday.
Authorities say they found 22 bricks of powdered heroin in a concealed compartment of the trunk of the suspects’ car.
Police say a search of one of the suspects’ home produced another 44 pounds of heroin and $50,000 cash hidden in the walls and floor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Off-duty flight attendant detained after an in-flight struggle, Delta says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- AP source: Justice Dept secretly subpoenaed McGahn’s records
They later searched a Yonkers storage unit belonging to the second suspect and found another nine pounds of heroin.
The suspects, Ramon Rivas and Jose Rodriguez, face criminal possession of a controlled substance.
It wasn’t immediately clear if they had lawyers who could comment on the charges.