GIDDINGS, Texas (AP) — Two teen inmates have been caught a day after escaping from a juvenile prison in Giddings, Texas, about 100 miles northwest of Houston.
The Texas Juvenile Justice Department said in a release that 16-year-olds Brice Ryan Karalis and Bryan Ernando Villanueva were arrested Sunday evening in Montgomery County. The two disappeared from the Giddings State School around 9 p.m. Saturday.
The teens’ mode of escape was not released, and additional details about their apprehension were not immediately available.
It was not immediately clear why Karalis or Villanueva were being held at the prison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses