SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — Springfield police say an 8-year-old girl who hadn’t been seen since early Tuesday has been found safe.
Police Lt. Tony Vienhage says Rosalee Naomi Clark was found Tuesday at an apartment close to where she was last seen. Vienhage says the girl didn’t appear to be harmed.
Rosalee was reported missing about 1 a.m. Tuesday after she left an apartment to go to her nearby home in the complex but didn’t arrive.
Vienhage says Rosalee apparently was in the apartment where she was found most of the night. He says it’s unclear why no one at the apartment answered the door when officers knocked early Tuesday. An investigation is continuing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Just how germy are airplanes? We put one to the test.
- Republicans are sick of Matt Gaetz, and they're not quiet about it
- An emergency alert will hit phones, TVs Wednesday. Here's what to expect
He says a girl seen on surveillance video riding on a man’s back about the time Rosalee disappeared was not Rosalee.