EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a Pennsylvania school bus driver was driving drunk with students aboard.
Lourdes Torres is facing 21 counts each of child endangerment and reckless endangerment.
Authorities say the 49-year-old East Stroudsburg resident had dropped off students at Stroud Area High School just before she arrived Tuesday afternoon to get students at Smithfield Elementary School.
School resource officers at the elementary school called state police because they suspected Torres was impaired. She was taken into custody a short time later.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Supreme Court rejects bump stock ban cases
- U.S. Supreme Court takes on Clean Water Act in Idaho couple's case
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- His mom's house flooded during Ian. He swam a half-mile to save her
It wasn’t known Thursday if Torres has retained an attorney.