GILMAN, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 90-year-old man died in central Iowa after falling into a water well on Christmas Day.
The Marshalltown Times-Republican reports that first responders were sent to a property in rural Gilman around 9:10 a.m. Monday. Gilman Fire & Rescue says the man was pulled out around 20 minutes later from about 6 feet (2 meters) underground. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Authorities identified the man as Maurice Tufte. It’s unclear what led to his falling into the well.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- June 24, 2022: The day Chief Justice Roberts lost his court
Information from: Times-Republican, http://www.timesrepublican.com