SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia are investigating after they say two Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police officers and a third person were shot.
Police spokeswoman Eunicia Baker says both officers suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities say a third person was shot, but no further details have been given on that person’s condition.
Police said in a statement that the shooting happened late Tuesday night, just before midnight.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- California sinkhole swallows third car as drivers ignore 'ROAD CLOSED' sign
- Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
- Police now say no evidence of planned big Hollywood shooting
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is also investigating the incident. No information as to what led to the shootings was immediately released.