SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia are investigating after they say two Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police officers and a third person were shot.
Police spokeswoman Eunicia Baker says both officers suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities say a third person was shot, but no further details have been given on that person’s condition.
Police said in a statement that the shooting happened late Tuesday night, just before midnight.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You should probably replace some of your fabric face masks
- Honestie Hodges, whose mistreatment by police led to changes, dies of COVID. She was 14.
- Inside Bill Gates' high-stakes quest to vaccinate the world against COVID-19
- 'America is back': Biden pushes past Trump era with nominees WATCH
- Trump vents about election as agencies aid Biden transition
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is also investigating the incident. No information as to what led to the shootings was immediately released.