GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Authorities have identified a man who was found dead on an island in the Colorado River near the town of Parachute.
The Glenwood Springs Post Independent reports 29-year-old Joshua Gomez’s body was recovered Saturday afternoon. The Rifle man was last seen at a bus stop in New Castle around May 25.
Garfield County Coroner Robert Glassmire says the cause and manner of death will be determined upon the completion of toxicology tests and microscopic examination, which could take several weeks. He adds that an autopsy did not turn up any signs of trauma.
No other information was released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Sally Hemings gets her due at Monticello
- Gunfire erupts at New Jersey arts festival; 22 wounded VIEW
- Staff cuts at federal prisons have teachers, nurses guarding inmates
- 'Unfair and unconstitutional': Outrage over detained migrant children intensifies
Information from: Post Independent, http://www.postindependent.com/