DOVER, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot and killed by police at his Pennsylvania home died of a gunshot wound to the torso and left shoulder.
Isaiah Green was shot early Thursday after police responded to a 911 call there for an unknown problem.
Authorities say the 21-year-old Dover man was in his garage and holding an AR-15 rifle when he approached the responding officer. Green was shot after he refused to drop the gun.
The officer who fired the deadly shot was not injured and has been placed on administrative leave. His name has not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
- Government to cancel $6 billion in student loans for defrauded borrowers
- He stole a patrol vehicle, officials say — then responded to an emergency
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Authorities will review the shooting to determine if it was justified, which is standard practice in police-involved shootings.