SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a cellphone video that shows a boy hitting another in a New York school bathroom didn’t capture a crime — just two friends who got together for some “slap boxing.”
Syracuse.com reports the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday neither boy was injured in the episode at North Syracuse Junior High School. Parents’ and school administrators’ became concerned after seeing the video on Facebook over the weekend.
In the video, one boy repeatedly strikes at another who’s standing in a corner. After a few seconds, the boy in the corner says he thinks his mouth is bleeding, and the other boy backs off.
The North Syracuse School District has said it has started a disciplinary process.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Putin blasts US, West over NATO before Serbia visit
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
Information from: The Post-Standard, http://www.syracuse.com