SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a cellphone video that shows a boy hitting another in a New York school bathroom didn’t capture a crime — just two friends who got together for some “slap boxing.”
Syracuse.com reports the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday neither boy was injured in the episode at North Syracuse Junior High School. Parents’ and school administrators’ became concerned after seeing the video on Facebook over the weekend.
In the video, one boy repeatedly strikes at another who’s standing in a corner. After a few seconds, the boy in the corner says he thinks his mouth is bleeding, and the other boy backs off.
The North Syracuse School District has said it has started a disciplinary process.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- A risky business in Trump loans: Deutsche Bank’s affinity for an outcast client VIEW
- Tens of thousands converge on California 'poppy apocalypse' VIEW
Information from: The Post-Standard, http://www.syracuse.com