SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a cellphone video that shows a boy hitting another in a New York school bathroom didn’t capture a crime — just two friends who got together for some “slap boxing.”
Syracuse.com reports the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday neither boy was injured in the episode at North Syracuse Junior High School. Parents’ and school administrators’ became concerned after seeing the video on Facebook over the weekend.
In the video, one boy repeatedly strikes at another who’s standing in a corner. After a few seconds, the boy in the corner says he thinks his mouth is bleeding, and the other boy backs off.
The North Syracuse School District has said it has started a disciplinary process.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Information from: The Post-Standard, http://www.syracuse.com