SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a cellphone video that shows a boy hitting another in a New York school bathroom didn’t capture a crime — just two friends who got together for some “slap boxing.”
Syracuse.com reports the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday neither boy was injured in the episode at North Syracuse Junior High School. Parents’ and school administrators’ became concerned after seeing the video on Facebook over the weekend.
In the video, one boy repeatedly strikes at another who’s standing in a corner. After a few seconds, the boy in the corner says he thinks his mouth is bleeding, and the other boy backs off.
The North Syracuse School District has said it has started a disciplinary process.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Information from: The Post-Standard, http://www.syracuse.com