SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say the deaths of an elderly northern Indiana couple are being investigated as a possible homicide and suicide.
Autopsies are planned Monday after the bodies of 81-year-old Philip Wilmes and 80-year-old Barbara Wilmes were found Saturday at their home in the South Bend area.
Investigators say they had apparent gunshot wounds, but police didn’t immediately release additional information about the circumstances of the deaths.
Police found their bodies after being called to check on the couple.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH