SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say the deaths of an elderly northern Indiana couple are being investigated as a possible homicide and suicide.
Autopsies are planned Monday after the bodies of 81-year-old Philip Wilmes and 80-year-old Barbara Wilmes were found Saturday at their home in the South Bend area.
Investigators say they had apparent gunshot wounds, but police didn’t immediately release additional information about the circumstances of the deaths.
Police found their bodies after being called to check on the couple.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW