SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say the deaths of an elderly northern Indiana couple are being investigated as a possible homicide and suicide.
Autopsies are planned Monday after the bodies of 81-year-old Philip Wilmes and 80-year-old Barbara Wilmes were found Saturday at their home in the South Bend area.
Investigators say they had apparent gunshot wounds, but police didn’t immediately release additional information about the circumstances of the deaths.
Police found their bodies after being called to check on the couple.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen