SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say the deaths of an elderly northern Indiana couple are being investigated as a possible homicide and suicide.
Autopsies are planned Monday after the bodies of 81-year-old Philip Wilmes and 80-year-old Barbara Wilmes were found Saturday at their home in the South Bend area.
Investigators say they had apparent gunshot wounds, but police didn’t immediately release additional information about the circumstances of the deaths.
Police found their bodies after being called to check on the couple.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people