MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a man threatened to release nude photos and videos he secretly took of a teenage girl unless she had sex with him.
Carlos Fuentes-Perez, of Morristown, is charged with sexual assault, child endangerment, invasion of privacy and criminal sexual contact. It wasn’t known Wednesday if he’s retained an attorney.
The victim contacted Morristown police Saturday and told them that Fuentes-Perez sexually assaulted her between January 2016 and November 2017. She was between the ages of 15 and 17 during that time.
Court records obtained by The Daily Record show that the 32-year-old Fuentes-Perez told authorities that the girl propositioned him for sex.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
A detention hearing for Fuentes-Perez is scheduled for Friday.
Information from: Daily Record (Parsippany, N.J.), http://www.dailyrecord.com