MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a man threatened to release nude photos and videos he secretly took of a teenage girl unless she had sex with him.
Carlos Fuentes-Perez, of Morristown, is charged with sexual assault, child endangerment, invasion of privacy and criminal sexual contact. It wasn’t known Wednesday if he’s retained an attorney.
The victim contacted Morristown police Saturday and told them that Fuentes-Perez sexually assaulted her between January 2016 and November 2017. She was between the ages of 15 and 17 during that time.
Court records obtained by The Daily Record show that the 32-year-old Fuentes-Perez told authorities that the girl propositioned him for sex.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
A detention hearing for Fuentes-Perez is scheduled for Friday.
Information from: Daily Record (Parsippany, N.J.), http://www.dailyrecord.com