TRUSSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama man has been indicted, accused of groping a 14-year-old girl in a shopping center parking lot.
AL.com reports that a Jefferson County grand jury indicted 26-year-old Brent Lee Higginbotham on Jan. 12. Court records made public Monday say he has been charged with first-degree sexual abuse by force.
Trussville police say they arrested Higginbotham in November in connection with the alleged incident Oct. 15 in the parking lot of the Trussville Crossing Parkway Shopping Center.
Police Det. Michael Bruce says Higginbotham grabbed the 14-year-old girl, placing one hand on her breast and the other around her waist. Investigators say they don’t know what his intentions were.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
Higginbotham remains free on bond and a court date has not been set.
It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews