ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man who was trimming trees has died after his ladder touched a power line in Florida.
The Orlando Sentinel reports the man was fatally electrocuted on Wednesday afternoon. The man’s identity has not been released.
Orange County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jeff Williamson says the man was trimming trees when he moved his ladder and hit a power line, which electrocuted him.
It’s unclear if he was trimming trees that were damaged during Hurricane Irma.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/