INWOOD, N.Y. (AP) — Nassau County authorities say a man pretending to be a police officer went into another man’s apartment and demanded money, threatening to make an arrest if he didn’t get it.
The Nassau County Police Department says it happened in Inwood, on Long Island, on Friday evening.
Authorities say the 48-year-old suspect forced his way into a 21-year-old man’s home, saying he was there to collect rent. The younger man gave him some money.
Police located the man and arrested him. He faces charges including burglary, grand larceny and criminal impersonation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will