OUACHITA PARISH, La. (AP) — A Louisiana man is accused of attacking his wife with a machete after she refused sex.
An Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office affidavit says 53-year-old Phillip Smith was arrested Friday and charged with one count of domestic abuse aggravated assault child endangerment.
The report quotes Smith’s wife as saying they were arguing about sex while she was driving. She says he then pulled out the machete and started swinging, but he didn’t hit her. She also says the couple’s children were in the back seat.
She pulled over and started honking her horn with hopes that someone would help.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
The report quotes Smith as saying he tried to take his wife’s phone to stop her from calling authorities.
It also quotes Smith as saying he only intended to scare his wife.