METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Authorities say a Louisiana couple faces charges after leaving four children, ages 8 months to 8 years, home alone while they went to a movie for Valentine’s Day.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies say a witness found the 8-year-old boy walking alone carrying his 8-month-old brother Sunday night.
Department spokesman Glen Boyd tells NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune (http://bit.ly/1SB4Z7i) that the 8-year-old told a deputy he was looking for his parents. He took deputy to his apartment. Boyd says deputies found two more children, ages 5 and 3.
Deputies say 25-year-old Catherine Brumfield, and her boyfriend, 29-year-old Terrance Swinney, of Metairie, face four counts of child desertion.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
Brumfield and Swinney were released Monday on $4,000 and $6,000 bonds, respectively.
Online jail records don’t list attorneys to contact for comment on the couple’s case.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com