PATERSON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a jitney bus driver was shot and wounded during an apparent robbery.
The shooting occurred around 8:45 p.m. Wednesday in Paterson.
Passaic County prosecutors say the driver, identified only as a 43-year-old Clifton man, was being treated at a hospital. But his name and further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
No other injuries were reported in the shooting. No arrests have been made.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
Authorities have not said whether any money was stolen during the robbery attempt or what type of weapon the assailant used.