GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities are investigating a wrong-way crash in Gilbert.
The accident occurred around 5 a.m. Sunday on the Santan Loop 202 near Power Road.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials say the wrong-way driver was driving westbound in the eastbound lanes when it crashed into the median.
It’s still unclear if anyone was injured in the crash and DPS officials say they’re trying to determine if the driver was impaired.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH