GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities are investigating a wrong-way crash in Gilbert.
The accident occurred around 5 a.m. Sunday on the Santan Loop 202 near Power Road.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials say the wrong-way driver was driving westbound in the eastbound lanes when it crashed into the median.
It’s still unclear if anyone was injured in the crash and DPS officials say they’re trying to determine if the driver was impaired.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH