GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities are investigating a wrong-way crash in Gilbert.
The accident occurred around 5 a.m. Sunday on the Santan Loop 202 near Power Road.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials say the wrong-way driver was driving westbound in the eastbound lanes when it crashed into the median.
It’s still unclear if anyone was injured in the crash and DPS officials say they’re trying to determine if the driver was impaired.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH