DANBY TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities are investigating the death of a 29-year old man whose body was found lying on a road in central Michigan.
Grand Rapids station WOOD-TV reports that deputies found Nicholas Hoppes’ body about 4:30 a.m. Monday, in the northbound lanes of Charlotte Highway.
The Ionia County Sheriff’s Office characterized the death of Hoppes, of Portland, as “suspicious.”
Authorities say it’s unclear if Hoppes was killed in a crash, or by some other means.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Ionia County Sheriff’s office.
Information from: WOOD-TV, http://www.woodtv.com