DUNKERTON, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say they’re investigating the death of a child in northeastern Iowa.
The Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office says deputies and medics were called to a Dunkerton home around 7:40 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a child not breathing. Officials say the child was taken by ambulance to a local hospital and pronounced dead.
An autopsy has been ordered.
Dunkerton is about 15 miles northeast of Waterloo.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Authorities were not releasing other details, including the child’s name and age, Wednesday afternoon.