LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Police in Little Rock are investigating the fatal shooting of a 47-year-old man in a public park.
The shooting occurred shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday in Boyle Park, located in west-central Little Rock. Investigators say officers found the body of Charles Harris of North Little Rock lying inside a car with multiple gunshot wounds. Harris was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators later found a second person, identified as 64-year-old Rodney Gilstrap of Little Rock, who had been inside the car at the time of the shooting and suffered a minor gunshot wound. Gilstrap was treated at the scene and released.
Police say the two men had been driving through the park when strangers started shooting at their vehicle from an unidentified vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
- 'American Taliban' fighter to be released after 17 years VIEW
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Mnuchin says Tubman $20 bill design delayed past 2020
- Trump stalks out on Democrats, demands end of investigations VIEW
Police say no arrests have been made.