BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say someone caused the blaze that damaged a Boise bandstand, but they’re unsure if the fire was started intentionally.
The Idaho Statesman reports Boise firefighters extinguished a blaze at the band shell in Julia Davis Park on Monday evening.
The fire primarily damaged the roof of the structure, leaving large holes in sections as clay tiles were displaced by firefighting efforts.
Authorities say fire investigators have ruled out an electrical malfunction as sparking the blaze.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Boise police are investigating to determine if the fire was accidental or intentional.
Boise Parks and Recreation officials say the band shell is reserved for about 20 park events each year.
The band shell was dedicated in 1928 and later renamed to honor jazz musician Gene Harris.
Information from: Idaho Statesman, http://www.idahostatesman.com