TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A 12-year-old girl was among three people killed in a seven-vehicle accident on Interstate 10 in Tucson.
Arizona Department of Public Safety investigators say a semi-truck hit another vehicle from behind and caused a chain reaction accident around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Authorities say 41-year-old Abril Castillo of Tucson was pronounced dead at the scene and her 12-year-old daughter later died of her injuries at a hospital.
The girl’s name wasn’t immediately released Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Dough Zone opens in Seattle: better than Din Tai Fung?! | Cheap Eats
DPS officials say 46-year-old Tina Totty of Rio Rico also died at the hospital from injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash involved seven vehicles, including two trucks and five passenger vehicles.
Authorities say four people were unhurt after crash.