JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of a woman whose body was found in the backseat of a car following a crash, but no driver was present.
Hudson County prosecutors say 24-year-old Khalla Nguyen was sitting in the backseat when the car struck a metal guardrail in Jersey City. The crash was reported around 3 a.m. Saturday, and Nguyen was found in the vehicle with “apparent injuries from the crash.”
She was pronounced dead a short time later.
Initial reports stated the driver had apparently fled the scene on foot. But authorities would not comment on that Sunday or say if any arrests had been made, citing the ongoing investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
No other injuries related to the crash have been reported.