JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of a woman whose body was found in the backseat of a car following a crash, but no driver was present.
Hudson County prosecutors say 24-year-old Khalla Nguyen was sitting in the backseat when the car struck a metal guardrail in Jersey City. The crash was reported around 3 a.m. Saturday, and Nguyen was found in the vehicle with “apparent injuries from the crash.”
She was pronounced dead a short time later.
Initial reports stated the driver had apparently fled the scene on foot. But authorities would not comment on that Sunday or say if any arrests had been made, citing the ongoing investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
No other injuries related to the crash have been reported.