JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of a woman whose body was found in the backseat of a car following a crash, but no driver was present.
Hudson County prosecutors say 24-year-old Khalla Nguyen was sitting in the backseat when the car struck a metal guardrail in Jersey City. The crash was reported around 3 a.m. Saturday, and Nguyen was found in the vehicle with “apparent injuries from the crash.”
She was pronounced dead a short time later.
Initial reports stated the driver had apparently fled the scene on foot. But authorities would not comment on that Sunday or say if any arrests had been made, citing the ongoing investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
No other injuries related to the crash have been reported.