CLAM UNION TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities have released the identity of a 2-year-old child who died after being accidentally run over by a vehicle driven by a family member in Michigan’s northern Lower Peninsula.
The Missaukee County sheriff’s office says Josie Thompson of Marion was struck Monday in Clam Union Township, about 165 miles (266 kilometers) northwest of Detroit. The sheriff’s department says she was pronounced dead at the scene near Falmouth Dam.
The department says the girl’s family was in the area to kayak and her father was moving a truck when she was struck.
The death remains under investigation, but authorities say it’s being considered an accident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Health plans no longer have to cover preventive care at no cost. Here’s what to know
- AP sources: Trump facing at least 1 felony charge in NY case WATCH
- One key player did not cooperate with prosecutors: Trump’s financial gatekeeper
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A rescue dog and goat are best friends. A shelter put them up for adoption as a pair.