FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities have identified three people who died in a weekend fire in northeastern Indiana as a mother, father and their 12-year-old son.
The Allen County coroner’s office on Tuesday said 43-year-old Amber Dawn Shaw, 46-year-old Larry Bernard Shaw and their son Elijah Shaw all died as a result of injuries in the house fire early Saturday in the Fort Wayne area. A fourth person in the house was injured.
The coroner’s office says Larry Shaw and Elijah Shaw died at the scene while Amber Shaw was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Fire crews from several departments responded to the fire and worked for about two hours to get it under control.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, trailblazer and champion of liberal priorities, dies at age 90
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Troops stormed a prison. They found inmates had built a luxury resort.