WINTER PARK, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a 15-year-old boy who was attacked and beaten in an upscale suburb near Orlando, Florida, has died in a hospital.
Winter Park Police Lt. Pam Marcum said the unnamed victim was taken off life support Monday following the weekend attack, the Orlando Sentinel is reporting (https://goo.gl/ik5nKK ).
Police have said the teen got into a confrontation with a group of juvenile males Saturday night and was brain dead by the time he arrived at a hospital. No arrests have been made.
Police say the attackers could be students at a high school in the area. Police have said the victim is from Brazil but declined to identify him by name.
Most Read Stories
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Dough Zone opens in Seattle: better than Din Tai Fung?! | Cheap Eats
A task force of detectives from agencies across central Florida is investigating the attack.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Golfweek, http://www.golfweek.com