HILO, Hawaii (AP) — Hawaii authorities are investigating a suspicious death after a body, burned beyond recognition, was found in a truck in a remote subdivision.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports police and fire units responded Monday to reports of a vehicle engulfed in flames on a side road in the Orchidland subdivision in Puna.
After extinguishing the flames, firefighters discovered burnt human remains in the truck. Investigators were unable to immediately identify if the remains are male or female.
Police say they have reason to suspect the incident is related to evidence located at another property.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
Detectives with the Area I Criminal Investigation Section have classified the case as a murder.
Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com