BAYONNE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 69-year-old New Jersey woman kicked and beat a man who tried to rob her in front of her home.
Bayonne police say the robber was on foot when he crossed a street and confronted the woman about 7 p.m. Sunday. He demanded the woman hand over her purse and, when she refused, he tried to take it by forcibly pulling on the strap.
The woman quickly fought back, kicking the robber multiple times and hitting him. The man soon fell to the ground and ran off without the purse.
The woman was not injured. Her name has not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
- ‘Giant backfire’: Trump’s demand for special master is looking like a mistake | Analysis
- Floods trap many in Florida as Ian heads to South Carolina
- FDA announces a new definition of what's ‘healthy’
- Trump records probe: Tensions flare over special master
Authorities say the man remains at large.