HARVEY, La. (AP) — Authorities say a married couple in a New Orleans suburb has been arrested after a 10-month old boy suffered second-degree scalding burns on its buttocks.
NOLA.com reports (http://bit.ly/2qfF89X ) Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office investigators booked 20-year-old Denzel Davis on a charge of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile and 23-year-old Jessica Davis on a charge of being an accessory after the fact to the charge against her husband.
Sheriff’s Office spokesman Col. John Fortunato says Denzel Davis, the adoptive father, was caring for his wife’s son Friday night and acknowledged “dipping him into the hot bath water out of anger” at his crying.
Fortunato says the arrests came Saturday after authorities were contacted by a medical center where the child was taken for emergency treatment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
It’s unclear if they have attorneys.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com