DES PLAINES, Ill. (AP) — A husband and wife from Des Plaines and their 20-year-old daughter were killed and their teenage son was injured in a two-vehicle crash Sunday evening in the Chicago suburb.
The Cook County medical examiner identified the victims as 57-year-old Serif Dilji, his wife, 48-year-old Edije, and their daughter, Amra.
Des Plaines police Cmdr. Chris Mierzwa says the couple’s 16-year-old son was driving the car and attempted a left-hand turn when it collided with another vehicle late Sunday. The boy was taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge with life-threatening injuries but improved overnight.
Authorities say the lone occupant of the other car was treated for minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Mierzwa says police continue to investigate the crash but do not think alcohol was a factor.